Reconstruction of the birth house "Gjuro Prejac" into a memorial house and tourist information center
The project envisages the reconstruction, renovation and conversion of the birth house "Gjuro Prejac" into a memorial house and tourist information center at the address Ratkajeva 1 in Desinić.
The general goal of the project is to ensure the complete presentation of the tourist destination through the preservation of cultural heritage in Desinić Municipality. The general goal of the project holder, Desinić Municipality, stems from the needs and vision for preserving the cultural and traditional heritage of the municipality and the overall presentation of local tourist resources, as well as involving all local stakeholders in the process of preserving heritage and traditional values, and thus the cultural identity of the municipality.
Specific goals of the project:
• Revitalization of the birth house of Gjuro Prejac, which will raise the general value of the space by increasing its attractiveness, and consequently its economic efficiency
• Attractive and interactive presentation of the entire tourist destination
• Arranging the permanent exhibition of Prejac's collection in combination with multimedia content
The following project results are expected with the reconstruction and arrangement of the birth house of Gjuro Prejac as a public tourist infrastructure:
• Renovated and equipped one (1) building for the presentation of tourist resources of the municipality
• 1,000 visits in the first 12 months after the opening of the tourist information center and the memorial house of Gjuro Prejac
The project is expected to ensure and improve the tourist offer and increase competitiveness, as well as to increase one-day visits and increase employability in Desinić Municipality.